Wednesday, May 11, 2016

{Old} Empties: The Finale

We're here! We've finally reached the end of this series! This post features one of my favorite type of beauty products...fragrances!

Now, I know people are quick to quip how choosing a fragrance is such a *personal* decision...and I agree. Nonetheless, I hope my take on these fragrances proves useful to someone in some way.

Armani Mania, Calvin Klein Euphoria, Versace Bright Crystal, The Body Shop Love Etc.
Armani Mania "A fresh burst of Moroccan laurel, green tangerine and pink peppercorns mingle with feminine florals and sensual cedar, sandalwood, amber and musk for a modern fragrance that is both sensual and sophisticated. Mood: Woody, floral and sophisticated." (from the Giorgio Armani Beauty website)

I loved this perfume during the time I wore it. I typically reserved for night time wear, whether it was a date or a girls' night out. It is a sultry woody, oriental. 

Calvin Klein Euphoria - "Notes: Pomegranate, Persimmon, Green Notes, Black Orchid, Lotus Blossom, Champaca Flower, Liquid Amber, Mahogany Wood, Black Violet, Cream Accord. Style: Confident. Sexy. Chic." (from Sephora.com)

I loved this scent soooo much. Althought it was captivating and a little on the heavy side, I often wore it day and night. I actually went through two bottles of this. That is rare for me when it comes to fragrances...my nose usually gets tired of one scent after a while. It happened towards the end of this second bottle.

Versace Bright Crystal - "Notes: Iced Accord, Yuzu, Pomegranate, Peony, Magnolia, Lotus Flower, Acajou, Vegetal Amber, Musk. Style: Sheer. Sensual. Luminous." (from Sephora.com)

I thoroughly enjoyed this fragrance. It was a sophisticated floral, not the sweet, playful variety some women associate with young girls. I found this to be most suitable for day wear.

The Body Shop Love Etc... - "...a heart-stopping fusion of jasmine, vanilla and sandalwood notes." (from The Body Shop website)

This is a light, flirty scent most suitable for day wear and warmer months. I enjoyed this quite a bit and got compliments when I wore it.
Marc Jacobs Honey, CK Downtown; Jo Malone: Blackberry & Bay, Nectarine Blossom & Honey, Wood Sage & Sea Salt
Marc Jacobs Honey - "Notes: Pear, Juicy Mandarin, Orange Blossom, Peach Nectar, Apricot, Honeysuckle, Honey, Golden Vanilla, Smooth Woods. Style: Sweet. Sassy. Energized." (from Sephora.com)

I adore this fruity floral. It has sparked my love for all of Marc Jacobs' fragrances. Perfect for office wear and best during spring/summer months!

CK Downtown - "urban. original. real. a modern floral woody fragrance for her that balances feminine sophistication and an unexpected edge. the brightness of tunisian neroli blends with soft gardenia petals and an unmistakable signature of texan cedarwood." (from calvinklein.com)

I got this sample as part of a Sephora order and thoroughly enjoyed it! The woody notes are very similar to what I loved about CK Euphoria, but it's lighter and more versatile to wear anytime.

Jo Malone Blackberry & Bay"Childhood memories of blackberry picking...A burst of deep, tart blackberry juice, blending with the freshness of just-gathered bay and brambly woods. Vibrant and verdant." (from jomalone.com)

I cannot express well enough how much I love the Jo Malone fragrance house! I am just glad I tried a scent from her line after hearing one of my favorite vloggers rave about some of her fragrances. I have been hooked ever since! No matter what other scents I try, I always come back to Jo Malone. Blackberry & Bay is one of my favorites. This light, juicy fruity fragrance is perfect for a warm spring day.

Jo Malone Nectarine Blossom & Honey - "Succulent nectarine, peach and cassis and delicate spring flowers melt into the note of acacia honey. Sweet and delightfully playful." (from jomalone.com) 

This another of my Jo Malone favorites. I wore it every day last spring when I ordered a full-sized bottle! It is considered a fruity fragrance, but I believe it's a perfect balance between that and light floral.

Jo Malone Wood Sage & Sea Salt"Escape the everyday along the windswept shore. Waves breaking white, the air fresh with sea salt and spray. Alive with the mineral scent of the rugged cliffs. Mingling with the woody earthiness of sage. Lively, spirited and totally joyful." (from jomalone.com)

I enjoyed the sample of this fragrance, and plan to purchase a full-sized bottle for this summer. I consider this to be unisex, because it strikes a nice balance between light and woody notes and doesn't smell masculine when I wear it. Definitely reminds me of a day frolicking on the beach.

Let me hear from you! Have you worn any of these fragrances? If so, what are your thoughts on them? What other fragrance houses and/or scent do you recommend? I love exploring new fragrances

No comments:

Post a Comment