Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Nail Flavor of the Week: Mauve and Glitter + Teal & Cocoa Stars

Hey there! So I totally skipped posting last week because I've been busy at work, as is typical for me this time of year. I come home feeling a bit run down and often want to just kick up my feet and relax. I am thankful for the couple of snow days I got recently due to Snow Storm Jonas. Uhh, when did meteorologists start naming snow storms? Do we feel better about these weather events if we address them on a first name basis?

Anyway, here's a look at this week's nail design:

Milani in Mauving Forward; accent nail is Wet n' Wild/Fergie in Flossy Flossy
It is a simple yet elegant look. I like the party on my ring finger. Every time I admire it, I am reminded of a festive occasion, like a New Year's Eve party!

Here is a quick look at last week's design:

Base color: Sinful Colors in Rise and Shine; stamp color: Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Cocoa A Go Go; used Pueen stamping plate #100 from the 24M - Make Your Day collection
For the record, Sinful Colors is one of my least favorite polish brands because I usually experience severe chipping and tip wear only after a day or two! I noticed, however, that the polish lasted longer this go-round...probably because I used two layers of top coat: before and after stamping my nails. I liked the color combination and the stamp design; however, I was not pleased with the outcome of the stamps. It's funny because the polishes I have been using for stamping have worked much better with the small stamping plate by Essence. I may need to order some polishes made specifically for stamping to see better results with the Pueen stamping plates. If you know of any other easily accessible brands beside Wet n' Wild and Sally Hansen's Insta-Dri that are supposedly pigmented enough for nail stamping, please share!

No comments:

Post a Comment