Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Nail Flavor of the Week: Sky Blue Jelly

Happy Hump Day! Hope your week has been great!

My weekly nail post is late! I plan to post each one on Sunday or Monday since I usually paint my nails on Sunday night. But I have been so busy in the past week, I didn't even get a chance to paint my nails until last night!


So last year I began dabbling in crelly and jelly polishes after being intrigued by a few nail polish blogs I have discovered. This week I am wearing a jelly-based polish I purchased from Colores de Carol.



Colores de Carol BPFF (Best Polish Friend Forever)
On her blog, Carolina describes this polish as "A shimmery jelly sky blue base with small white hex glitter, large purple squares, small blue squares, teal and dark blue hex glitter and pink round glitter." Out of the three polishes I ordered from her last year, this one is my favorite. I love the unique shade of blue...it could almost pass for a neutral. In addition, the polish's consistency is just right, given the jelly base. I am wearing two thin coats in this picture, which makes for an opaque appearance; however, a third coat would make the polish a bit more vibrant and just as beautiful. Her polishes wear on me relatively well (my DIY manicures last an average of five days) and I experience minimal tip wear. I look forward to trying more crelly and jelly polishes, including some from this nail pro!

Have you tried crelly or jelly based polishes? If so, which brands would you recommend? Any particular colors?

Enjoy the rest of your week...bundle up if you are in a region that will get hit with cold weather by the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment