Saturday, May 7, 2016

{Old} Empties, part IV: eye products

Ok, let's see if I can knock out this drawn-out series in the next week. This is the next to last post!

Here is a look at some mascaras, brow products, liners and primers I have used up in the past:

from left to right:
Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes 4-in-1 Mascara; L'Oreal Voluminous Miss Manga and Miss Manga Black Angel Mascaras; Cover Girl Clump Crusher Mascara (all in some shade of black)
I was not terribly impressed with the Tarte mascara and would not be likely to purchase a full-sized version of the product. 

I loved the original Miss Manga formula. It struck a good balance of lengthening and volumizing, which is what I mainly look for in mascaras (more volume, though, as my lashes are already pretty long). I would repurchase this. 

The Black Angel formula was rather wet and produced clumps...not my preferred look, so I would not repurchase that particular formula. 

I loved the Clump Crusher mascara and found myself using it almost exclusively while testing it out. I would definitely repurchase it!

from top to bottom:
Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion in Original; bareMinerals 5-in-1 BB Cream Shadow in Divine Wine; Wet n Wild Megaliner Liquid Eyeliner in Black; Jesse's Girl Liquid Eyeliner in Black; Anastasia Beverly Hills Clear Brow Gel; Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz in Chocolate
I actually have had multiple samples of the UD Primer...while I enjoyed the staying power of the product, I did not appreciate the white cast it left behind on my skin. I prefer an eye primer that dries clear. I would not purchase a full-sized version of this product. 

I enjoyed the bareMinerals BB cream shadow because it can function as a primer or a stand-alone shadow. Honestly, I don't know that I saw any BB benefits with this product, but what I liked was enough for me to buy a full-sized tube in the shade Radiant Sand. 

The brush on the Wet n Wild liner was a little thinner than I prefer. It is also very wet and takes a while to dry. While an inexpensive product, I would much rather spend a few more dollars on Jesse's Girl's eyeliner. It has a superior brush and the packaging makes it easy to hold comfortably in your hand while lining your eye. I have repurchased this at least twice already.

I have really enjoyed all of the ABH products I have tried so far. The brow gel was the very first item I tried, and I loved it. It helps hold the hairs in place without making them flaky. I love the thin tip on the Brow Wiz pencil and its consistency makes it easy to apply without being too hard or causing worry about breaking off. The only quip I have since trying similar products by other brands is the shade selection. They all seem to be either too dark and harsh or too light. While I would repurchase again (I have gone through a few tubes), I 'd probably prefer to stick with the brand that offers me better shade selections.

No comments:

Post a Comment