Friday, May 6, 2016

Play! by Sephora - April

Hey...TGIF! The weekend is reason enough to celebrate. 

I signed up for the Play! by Sephora subscription last year after reading blog posts about it.  I jumped at the opportunity when I got an email towards the end of March inviting me to join. I have subscribed to Ipsy and Beauty Box 5 in the past...while I looked forward to a new box each month, I found that the product types started to become redundant and the brands less exciting. I am hoping Play! by Sephora will cure the lackluster let-down that other beauty subscriptions become after a while. I enjoy shopping at Sephora and trying the variety of brands and products the store offers.

Here is a look at the April box:


box top
front of pamphlet featuring the month's theme "The It Crowd"
inside contains information about each product

Milk Makeup Sunshine Oil, Sephora Collection Colorful Cheek Ink Gel in Peony, NARS Satin Lip Pencil in Rikugien
Sunday Riley Good Genes Treatment, Clinique Pep-Start Eye Cream
Also in the box: an eau de parfum sample of Derek Lam's 2AM Kiss from the 10 Crosby collection
Sephora sends emails featuring sneak peeks of the month's box items, an unboxing video, and an alert when the box is on its way. I am pleased with the variety of products that were included in April's box. I actually had a sample of the NARS Satin Lip Pencil (I got it from Sephora last year as part of my birthday gift), but because I like that shade, I am not mad about having an extra as back up. I have not had a chance to play with everything yet, but I have enjoyed the items I have managed to incorporate into my daily beauty routine so far. For $10 per month, I'd say this looks like a promising subscription and I am looking forward to next month's box. Stay tuned for a post on which products I enjoyed...some may make a list of favorites!


No comments:

Post a Comment