Thursday, May 5, 2016

Nail Flavor of the Week: Pink Lace

Good morning! I hope you are having a good week. In spite of the gray, rainy skies, this week has been filled with plenty of sunshine for me because my husband returned home from a 7-month Naval deployment. I am thankful to God that Hubby came back in one piece and in good health!

Needless to say, in the midst of my homecoming preparations, I neglected to take a picture of my nails earlier in the week. Here is what I snapped today. Ignore the minor chipping and tip wear.

Base color: OPI Hello Kitty Collection in Let's Be Friends!
stamp color: Wet n Wild in Black Creme
nail stamp: Pueen Collection - 24M Make Your Day, plate 103
The stamp I used features leaves with detailing that reminds me of lace. Hubby asked if the design was Spiderman...SMH. #thingsmensay 

A few notes on this look:
-I really love this OPI polish. I have worn it at least 3 times since purchasing it. That is rare because I usually try to rotate the colors in my stash.
-To avoid streaking with my stamp designs, I need to try waiting longer for the design to dry before adding the top coat.
-I know I really need to just suck it up and buy some stamping polish.
-My nails had a growth spurt in the fall around the time my husband first deployed. Ironically, all of them have broken except my left ring finger. It appears the nails on my right hand aren't even growing right now. This is in spite of me using a nail treatment by Nailtiques.

I am still enjoying my nail stamps, although time does not always allow to create a full look with them. This look proves a few nails with stamped designs can look just as good...if not better!

No comments:

Post a Comment